“In God’s Word, He said 365 times, ‘Do Not Fear.’ Once time for each day.”
-Facing the Giants
“I’ve resolved to give God everything I’ve got and leave the results up to Him.”
-Facing the Giants
The Christian film, Facing the Giants, explored a concept that is deeply rooted in Scripture. When we face “giants” in our lives – whether they come in the form of a powerful person, a troubling circumstance, a devastating loss, a difficult temptation, or a nagging doubt or fear, God can conquer these giants for us. In fact, the Bible makes it clear that God wants to conquer these giants for us!
Just before the second fall of Jerusalem, the Israelites were surrounded by several great and powerful nations,including Ammon (Ezekiel 25:3), Tyre (Ezekiel 26:2), Egypt (Ezekiel 29:3), and Assyria (Ezekiel 32:22). Each of these nations were mighty and well-known, and would have struck fear in the hearts of any enemy. Ezekiel explains what about these nations made them “giants” in the eyes of God’s people:
- They possessed great wealth (Ezekiel 27:3-25)
- They possessed great wisdom (Ezekiel 28:3-5)
- They possessed great strength (Ezekiel 32:12)
- They possessed great influence (Ezekiel 28:2)
But here’s the exciting part. Through the prophet Ezekiel, God promised that He would stand up for His people. And every one of these giants would fall to their knees in the mighty presence of the LORD! God vowed to strip these “giant” nations of everything that caused them to puff themselves up with pride:
- He would take away their wealth (Ezekiel 26:7-14; 27:27)
- He would take away their wisdom (Ezekiel 27:8-9, 27)
- He would take away their strength (Ezekiel 27:27; 32:18-32)
- He would take away their influence (Ezekiel 27:33-36; 28:6-10)
What “giant” situations are you facing today? Resolve to trust God every day and in every circumstance, and then grab your popcorn and sit back, because you’re about to see those giants fall!