To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there.
Thank You to My Blogging Family!
At this time last year, this blog was nothing but a concept that had sparked within the back of my imagination. “Can I really keep up with this?” I wondered. “And if I do… will anyone read it?”
I took the leap of faith and created The Artistic Christian in January 2014, and in the few short months since then I’ve been overwhelmed by the level of support, daily encouragement, and camaraderie provided by my fellow bloggers.
If you’re a part of my blogging family, let me take this opportunity to let you know how grateful I am for you! Not only have you kept me going this past year, but you’ve made the blogging experience a real joy!
The WordPress Family Award
Speaking of support, I was blown away this weekend when I received word that I had been nominated for the “WordPress Family Award” by David and Holly over at Comparative Geeks. I discovered David and Holly’s blog during last year’s A to Z Challenge, and we’ve followed each other ever since. If you enjoy reading about science fiction, comics, and board games, and would like to support a young writing couple, then you should check them out!
As for the award itself, this was designed as a way to express your gratitude to those who not only follow your blog, but have become like family. Here is the description given by Shaun, the creator of the award:
“This is an award for everyone who is part of the ‘Word Press Family.’ I start this award on the basis that the WordPress family has taken me in, and showed me love and a caring side only WordPress can. The way people take a second to be nice, to answer a question and not make things a competition amazes me here. I know I have been given many awards, but I wanted to leave my own legacy on here by creating my own award, as many have done before. This represents ‘Family’ we never meet, but are there for us as family. It is my honor to start this award.”
Rules for the Award
- Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 10-15 others you see as having an impact on your WordPress experience.
4. Let your 10 family members know you have awarded them.
5. That is it. Just please pick 10 people that have taken you as a friend, and spread the love.
The following blogs have not only clicked the “Follow” button, but have supported me by taking time to leave thoughtful comments. If you’re looking for readers who will really engage with your blog, then you may want to give these a glance!
- VivaChange77, at https://cronechronicler.wordpress.com/
- Vicki, at http://vrein11.wordpress.com/
- Paige Hamilton, at http://talesfromthelaundryroom.wordpress.com/
- Levi Thetford, at http://levithetford.com/
- Joy Ackley, at http://joyackley.wordpress.com/
- Megan, at http://worshipandadore.wordpress.com/
- Anabel Marsh, at https://anabelsblog.wordpress.com/
- Deb, at http://mywearymind.wordpress.com/
- Natalie Scarberry, at http://sacredtouches.com/
- Andy Oldham, at http://christiangrandfather.com/
- Daleen C., at http://kidfarmer.wordpress.com/
- Rachel Carrera, at http://rachelcarrera.wordpress.com/
- Heather, at https://homedreamer07.wordpress.com/
- Faith Unlocked, at https://faithunlocked.wordpress.com/
- Julie Harris, at http://isingbecauseimfree.wordpress.com/
A happy family is but an earlier Heaven.