Since I had recently done a different award post, I wasn’t sure whether I would do this one. But when not one person, but two, sent me a nomination, I decided not to argue with fate! So let me begin by thanking both Luccia Gray (at Rereading Jane Eyre), and Urbandementria, for nominating me as a Very Inspiring Blogger. Both of these ladies are very inspiring in their own right, and you may want to check out their blogs:
The “How-To” for Accepting This Award
These are the things that one is supposed to do in order to accept the award:
1. Thank and link the amazing person(s) who nominated you.
2. List the rules and display the award.
3. Share seven facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
5. Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Seven Fun Facts About Myself
Here are seven fun facts you may not know about me:
I – Ice Catastrophe: Ice was not my friend when I had a sledding accident in college. I smacked my head against a light pole and ended up with an epidural hematoma (my skull was bleeding into my brain). The doctors told me I was just millimeters away from permanent brain damage, but the Lord was watching out for me and the condition ended up healing on its own with no need for surgery.
N – Nastiest Thing I Ever Ate: Was baby silkworm soup, which had live silkworm larvae swimming around in it! This was my Chinese translator’s idea of a joke, and it took me a few spoonfuls to realize what was going on!
S – Spent Two Summers Teaching English in Mainland China: Favorite part? Walking on the Great Wall of China. Least favorite part? The squatty potties (I’ll spare you the smelly details).
P – Preacher’s Kid: I was a PK for as long as I can remember. We didn’t have much money, but I’ll always look back on serving God with my family as a particularly happy time. Now I’m at seminary studying to be a pastor myself, and I hope my own kids will find the PK experience as pleasant as I did!
I – Italian at Heart: After spending our honeymoon in Italy, my wife and I have fallen in love with all things Italian. This is how our two dogs, Bene and Bella, ended up with Italian names, why enjoying Italian Ice or Gelato is a common experience at our house, and why if I were told I could only eat one type of cuisine for the rest of my life, it would be Italian, hands down!
R – Reading for Fun: I’ve always been a voracious reader, and actually read the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy in just two weeks! (I was working at a university library over winter break, and the place was a ghost town.)
E – Elected President of the Student Education Association in College: And I wasn’t even there for the election! This turned out to be a great experience, though. I even got to speak at the annual meeting of the Association of Texas Professional Educators in Austin and convinced the board to change their bylaws in order to allow college students to participate in the voting process. I got a standing ovation, a job offer, and a great memory out of the whole thing!
My List of Very Inspiring Bloggers:
I found the following blogs inspiring, and you might feel the same way! Be sure to check them out!
- Dana, at A Pilgrim’s Friend: http://apilgrimsfriend.wordpress.com/
- Anna, at Daughter By Design: http://daughterbydesign.wordpress.com/
- Tim, at Grace Syllables: http://gracesyllables.com/
- Faith, Hope, Love, Serve: http://faithhopeloveserve.wordpress.com/
- What’s the Good Word?: http://lljostes.wordpress.com/
- Daily Dose: http://heartfixxer.wordpress.com/
- Keith, at Keith Garrett Poetry: http://keithgarrettpoetry.com/
- Teen Faith 777: http://teenfaith777.wordpress.com/
- Hot Tea and the Empty Seat: http://hotteaandtheemptyseat.com/
- A Devoted Life: http://boyslumber.wordpress.com/
- The Life Project: http://lifereference.wordpress.com/
- Anabel, at Anabel’s Travel Blog: http://anabelsblog.wordpress.com/
- Krystol, at The Krystol Method: http://writingsbykrystol.com/
- Dianne, at Sweeter Than Honey: http://diannethornton.wordpress.com/
- Ancient Words: http://ancientwords.wordpress.com/
An Inspirational Quote
Finally, I want to leave you all with a quote that I find inspiring. Have a great Friday, everyone!